Not strict Paleo but this is a perfectly acceptable cheat in my book. After all, cheats don’t happen that often, RIGHT?
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
This recipe is so easy, it shouldn’t taste this good. In a sauce pan, melt the chocolate chips into the coconut milk over medium low heat while stirring with a whisk. Add the cinnamon. Pour the custard into small serving dishes and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Top with homemade Paleo whipped cream. Makes seven 1/4 cup servings – less if you serve in larger serving dishes.
Paleo Whipped Cream
- 1 (403mL) can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk for at least 2 hours (best if refrigerated over-night).
- Open the can and scoop out thickened coconut cream on top into a medium bowl. Drink the coconut water at the bottom, or save it for a smoothie.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla if desired, and whip coconut cream with a wire whisk until it begins to thicken.